Saturday, March 14, 2009

Blah


I pray that a week like this never comes upon me, or anyone. Despite the happy ending (which included a wide array of take-out, a test well-done and about 16 hours of sleep), I never, never, never want to suffer through another On-call Week (as I like to think of them). God, I must be aging! I used to be able to do this when I was 16...strange how 3 years can change one. But I digress...

There are things that make me happy:

-Santiago and Marcia: Whenever I see the two bantering and flirting, Sinatra's 'Things' automatically plays in my head! And I find myself revisiting the times I was in love and happy...'Things like a lover's vow/Things that we don't do now/You got me thinkin' 'bout the things we used to do...'

-Punjaban and Masakalli: Now Masakalli's significant other Orsino was in town recently. He's a cheshire cat, that one is! We were cruising down gray, snow-ridden American roads as he blasted infectious 'bhangra' beats in his car. As Punjaban surrendered herself to the vocal ministrations of a singer who claimed ever so earnestly that everytime she'd sway, the whole club would sway with her, I couldn't help but wonder about the place I was in...I, Tiresias, throbbing between two identities and, for once, it was good.
Punjaban and her Neo are just so smitten, one has to carry a certain amount of insulin if one wants to hang with them and diabetics need just stay away! Of course, now that Neo has gone to sun himself with other Hollisterboys this spring break, it is my duty to keep my Punjaban happy! Yes, we shall go down-town and people-watch...

And then there are things that leave me reeling:

-Hamlet: As the date of his departure neared close, Hamlet started sinking into the abyss of unrequited love. Since I was 'On-call' throughout the week, I couldn't do my 'there, there' cup of coffee with him. So, when the weekend descended upon me with its promises of freedom, I had a wrecked Hamlet upon my hands: a wrecked Hamlet who wished over and over again that his 'too too sullied flesh would melt'. I wasn't a very good friend to Hamlet last night, I wasn't. My all too solid flesh had already resolved itself...and I had to get to bed. Pity, really. I mean, he had hauled my revelerous Richard II ass up to the dorm last week...

-Therapist or The Rapist? Dick Diver, my therapist (and a woman, despite the name), is challenging me these days and I know her reasons for doing so: she's supposed to help me. And it's helping! Is hating one's therapist healthy? No, I don't hate her! But I have not made a fetish out of snobbery! Or have I? As I said: reeling!

I also had a conversation with Luna today. There were so many times when I wanted to burst out and tell her to set Hamlet straight! But what can she do? Not much of anything, sadly...(sigh) Luna Love-good, Luna Love-bad and then the worst of all: Luna Love-not-at-all!

Until the next time,
GossipGuy

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about the conversation...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails