Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shit Happens


Rumours, rumours and more rumours abound! Tongues are awag (and yes, that is my neologism) about GossipGuy and those close to him. You know you're doing something right when people talk about you:

1) Ms.Saigon, a dear friend who I know from Microbiology, told me that I was the subject of great slander amongst a group of yuppies who complained cantankerously whenever I asked a question. Ms.Saigon was very apologetic, poor child, but I rather enjoyed it! Really, I did! There's something fantastic about being a Hermione Granger-it's such a great high! I always smile a little brighter whenever I run into those people now...

2) Apparently Punjaban and I are porking! Yep! There's a faction convinced that Punjaban and I are having a steamy, steamy affair. I mean, we're always seen together and something always happens that can be construed as inappropriate-to the untrained eye, of course! Punjaban found it rather funny, actually and, God knows, I did too!

3) Don Quixote is a source of unending agony to this writer! For the past two days, he has been whining and whimpering about how badly I treat him! Demonize me, if you must, but everyone including Hamlet [who is known for his rather charitable (he claims, humanist) views on the human condition] who has seen Don Quixote fawn and truckle claims that he his behaviour is very, very strange. Just a few days ago, he offered me money! Again! I am starting to feel cheap! Of course, his other claims that I am unapproachable and an 'angry person' are absolute bull-shit!

Brushing the rumours and rejoinders aside, Hamlet and I paid a visit to this town's charming 'down-town' replete with boutiques, swanky coffee shops and an old-fashioned ice-cream parlour. Hamlet had found me a men's store that carried all my classic European labels-he's the best! Punjaban and her effulgent room-mate Masakalli joined us for lunch at a rather well-liked Chinese buffet. Of course, as a vegetarian, there wasn't much I could feast upon, but the real meat lay in our flighty, acerbic, multi-lingual conversation! Punjaban giggled in her demure, flirtatious manner, Hamlet pouted, Masakalli ribbed and jostled while I threw in occasional witty barbs! So much for unapproachable, I say! Maybe life isn't all that complicated after all!

Until the next time,
GossipGuy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about the conversation...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails